For a real autumnal warmer at home, give this recipe for Sam’s Pumpkin Soup a go in the kitchen! 😋 There are plenty of pumpkins in the patch at Taywell, so why not come and pick your own? 🎃
You will need:
- 1 kg of pumpkin, without flesh
- Glug of Morghew Park Estate Rapeseed Oil (approx. 2 tbsp)
- A sprinkle of cumin
- 2 x Roughly chopped onions
- 4 x Cloves of The Garlic Farm’s Iberian Garlic
- 2 x Red peppers
- 1 ltr of chicken or vegetable stock
- A handful of sage leaves
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Chop the pumpkin into large cubes, keeping the skins on. Drizzle with the oil, then sprinkle with the cumin. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes until tender, adding the onions, garlic, and peppers for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Once slightly cool, peel off the skin, and place the pumpkin, onions, garlic, and peppers in the stock. Bring to the boil, and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Season to taste; if you want a little kick, add some fresh chilli. (I like to use Red Bell Chilli Peppers)
- Now, using a blitzer, blitz away until you have a lovely smooth consistency.
- Slice up a couple of garlic cloves, and fry off until golden in a hot frying pan, with a glug of Morghew. Rapeseed Oil. Add the sage leaves to the hot oil to crisp and decorate.
- This soup also freezes really well.